I have so many things to add to the blog with Halloween and Cam’s new tree house among other things but for now, this is what I’ve got… bath buddies splashing around in the tub.
I was gone all weekend so this cuteness is exactly what I needed when I got home.
Demi Grey is 7 months old, oh my!
This month I left town twice for work, the first time for 2 days and the second time for 4 days. The first trip was okay, but the second made me miss my kids so much! Even when I thought I would have time to facetime and catch up, I couldn’t because there were too many activities crammed together. So, while I missed out on some things this month, I’m glad I didn’t miss any major milestones.
- She sprouted her 2 bottom teeth a couple weeks ago and she’s had a bit of a time with it–low fever, runny nose and fussy. (This is one of those milestones that hits me hard–no more gummy babies, ever 😦
- She still has an iron grip and often pulls out strands of my hair, but she has started playing with our hair sometimes too, twisting her fingers around the backs of our heads when we’re holding her.
- She took her first big girl bath with her brother. Both of them were amused.
- Her favorite part of any toy is the tag
- Dad and brother make her smile and laugh and kick her feet around, but generally speaking she is still generous with her smiles
- A few months ago she would let anyone hold her and while she may not smile, she also didn’t fuss. This past month she developed some sense of stranger danger, which mostly applies to bearded men, but if she’s tired may apply to anyone that she doesn’t see regularly.
- She’s eating more solids and getting the hang of opening her mouth for a spoon. Sometimes she tries to show us she knows how to chew, but sadly, we’re still on foods that don’t require such skills.
- I realized somewhat recently she no longer gasps for air at night. Thank goodness she grew out of that!
- She is very interested in crawling and has started lunging for objects, going split-legged and falling forward. Alas, she is a big girl and I think it’s going to take some more practice and muscle before it actually happens. This photo shows both her split-legged stance as well as her poop face. Ha!
And here’s a random assortment of Demi cuteness over the last month (and no, she is not pulling herself up to stand. I totally cheated and propped her up against the couch)…
There aren’t many things in this world that are cuter than a clean babe. Fresh from the bath, presenting Ms. Grey…
And here she is showing off her newly acquired babbling abilities.
Lately I’ve been really enjoying bath time with Cam because, well, for one thing, he is contained in a 2×5 area and that’s a welcome relief from chasing him in and out of the house, but also because he expresses his creativity in interesting ways. He also talks a lot and I love hearing what he has to say.
For instance, last night we discussed at length all the things that fly. We named all the animals we could think of and he said “I think that’s all the creatures.” Then we named all the aircraft we could think of, and then we moved on to things that may or may not fly like kites, baseballs and monkeys. Cam firmly believes that if it doesn’t have wings, it doesn’t fly.
The bath time game of the moment is lining up his big blocks, filling them with faucet water and then serving everyone until they are no longer thirsty.
He’ll ask “which one do you want?” and I’ll pick a block, then he’ll pick his and say “cheers” before drinking it. This kid loves drinking faucet water. It’s “delicious!”