Our buddies were over yesterday afternoon so the kids could get their no-nap wiggles out together, and Regina told Morgan that they needed to leave in 5 minutes. So, I asked Cam what we should do with the last 5 minutes and he decided on a dance party led by the really awesome beats that come with the keyboard.
How cute are these monkeys? I love that when kids dance, they just go for it. Oh, and DJ Demi Grey is kill-ing me.
The excitement of hearing new words doesn’t go away. It’s so fun hearing Demi figure out new words and smile because she knows she got it. Here are some words she’s recently added to her repertoire:
- Yum, every single time she puts food in her mouth… though we discovered her first dislike: mushrooms
- Banana, which started out as mla-nana
- No (she started saying no by shaking her head about three weeks ago)
- Night night (more like nigh nigh)
- Poo poo… true comprehension is when she found a clean diaper, handed it to Inny and said “poo poo”. Inny confirms her diaper was indeed soiled.
- Pee pee
And my favorite:
- Happy! She usually repeats it a couple times for emphasis 🙂
The two words I’d love for her to figure out next:
These would probably trim down her screeching by 63%.
I’m excited for the time when the words start coming in bursts and you can’t even keep track of them all.
If you promise to ignore my filthy couch and pillows, you can catch a few of the new words here:
Post Script: From the time I started this post to the time I finished this post, Demi started saying water, well “ator” and it is so helpful! Just today, I put her in her carseat for a 1 hour drive and she started hollering at me “ator, ator, ATOR!” And I knew it well enough to pull over and get her some water. Problem solved!