My little love is 5 months old. The 4-month zone was a lot of fun–she began holding her body a little better so we could have more fun playing, rolling around, lifting her up, taking her places, and she started showing more of her personality. She is still mellow, but now she has a fiery “I know what I want” streak. She’ll go from 20 minutes of self-sufficiency, exploring a soft, crinkly book to squealing like I’ve never heard before.
- According to her 4-month check-up, she is still 95+ %ile in all categories–weight, length, head circumference. [Insert high five to mama’s milk]
- She started giggling, though not with regularity. When you do something that makes her start giggling, it’s natural to think, okay, I’ll do that some more and get more giggles. Well, not so much. She’ll give a little giggle and then look at you like, “what else you got?”
- She started rolling over
- She started sleeping in her crib (at least until the first wake-up of the night)
- She went on a swing!
Other fun things:
- She can hold her own bottle. This is no surprise because she loves eating and she’s always had an iron grip.
- She’s a side sleeper. I noticed this very early on when I was trying to lazy feed her at night and especially on her restless nights. If I tipped her onto her side, she would sleep more soundly. Now that she has the strength to lay how she wants, she rolls to her side to sleep.
- We think she knows who is who. When I say “what’s brother doing?” she’ll look around the room and fix her eyes on him. When my mom asked her “where is Larson?” (their dog), she’ll look down at the ground and around the room until she sees him.
- She went to the zoo for the second time
- She’s aggressively reaching for and begging for our food, but her gagging tells us she’s not ready. We tried the teeniest bite of avocado and it was not pretty.
- We can finally hold her toward our chests in between feedings without her burrowing and getting angry like it’s mealtime.
On a final note of cuteness, here’s a video of her now-famous squeals, the most epic tired-eye rub of all time (she got it from her Poppy), and a sneeze.
Excited to see what 6 months will bring!