For weeks now Demi has been getting on all fours and rocking forward and backward and stretching out to reach things. We knew crawling was near.
Then on Sunday, I had my phone out and I took at least a dozen videos as I was watching for her to start dragging her knees forward into a real crawl. I began to give up for the day and I left the house for an errand. Not 15 minutes later I got a text from Joe: “She’s crawling.” Seriously lady!?
Since then, she has crawled a few feet many times over. She is officially mobile! And dang she’s cute.
Demi Grey is 7 months old, oh my!
This month I left town twice for work, the first time for 2 days and the second time for 4 days. The first trip was okay, but the second made me miss my kids so much! Even when I thought I would have time to facetime and catch up, I couldn’t because there were too many activities crammed together. So, while I missed out on some things this month, I’m glad I didn’t miss any major milestones.
- She sprouted her 2 bottom teeth a couple weeks ago and she’s had a bit of a time with it–low fever, runny nose and fussy. (This is one of those milestones that hits me hard–no more gummy babies, ever 😦
- She still has an iron grip and often pulls out strands of my hair, but she has started playing with our hair sometimes too, twisting her fingers around the backs of our heads when we’re holding her.
- She took her first big girl bath with her brother. Both of them were amused.
- Her favorite part of any toy is the tag
- Dad and brother make her smile and laugh and kick her feet around, but generally speaking she is still generous with her smiles
- A few months ago she would let anyone hold her and while she may not smile, she also didn’t fuss. This past month she developed some sense of stranger danger, which mostly applies to bearded men, but if she’s tired may apply to anyone that she doesn’t see regularly.
- She’s eating more solids and getting the hang of opening her mouth for a spoon. Sometimes she tries to show us she knows how to chew, but sadly, we’re still on foods that don’t require such skills.
- I realized somewhat recently she no longer gasps for air at night. Thank goodness she grew out of that!
- She is very interested in crawling and has started lunging for objects, going split-legged and falling forward. Alas, she is a big girl and I think it’s going to take some more practice and muscle before it actually happens. This photo shows both her split-legged stance as well as her poop face. Ha!
And here’s a random assortment of Demi cuteness over the last month (and no, she is not pulling herself up to stand. I totally cheated and propped her up against the couch)…