Demi Grey’s first year is just whirring by. So much so that I never posted her 9-month photos or her 10-month photos and it’s time to start planning for a birthday shindig!
Here are her 9-month photos–it was a warm day, but I just had to get these tiny little tights on her. As expected, it’s getting harder to pose her because she’d much rather be exploring.
And here are her 10-month photos. She’s rocking her Baby B’Gosh overalls and first pair of jeans (swoon!).
The last couple months she’s added all kinds of new talents to her resume including:
- Opening and closing doors
- Saying “hi” and “bye” and waving (she’s practically famous for her Miss America wave), and I’ve noticed she hears the end of conversations and starts to say bye before anyone else has said it.
- Saying the first syllable of simple phrases like “ah duh” for “all done” and “hi da” for “hi dad”
- She can sign more and all done, but doesn’t use them consistently
- Pointing to things, sometimes after we ask “where’s the doggy?” or “point to the baby”
- Rolling her tongue into a taco
- Pulling herself up on everything
- Walking and pushing the walker… we think she’ll be walking before the 1-year mark
Things she loves:
- Soft things like blankets and fresh laundry and Cam’s giant bear. She buries her face into them and looks up and smiles.
- Food. All of it. She’s been eating very large lunches and barely needs milk throughout the day.
- Her independence. When she’s well rested, like first thing in the morning, she’ll crawl around the house shrieking and laughing.
- Knocking over towers, throwing things on the floor
- Baths! When she hears Cam in the bath, she’ll crawl to the bathroom and try and get in and if the door is closed, she’ll cry at the door.
- Sand. When we go to the park, she’s perfectly content just sitting in the sand and running her fingers through it.
Things she doesn’t love:
- Getting her nose wiped or fingernails clipped
- Sitting still
- Putting on pajamas… it’s difficult getting her chunky arms through the sleeves of her pajama shirts and she loses it almost every night during the process
One of my favorite moments in the last month was taking a shower with her while Buble Christmas tunes were playing in the bathroom. Just me, my baby and Buble.
And here’s the little lady just being her hammy self.