Cam’s imagination is expanding. He has started telling homemade jokes and stories that I believe are a mash-up of various books and tv shows. Sometimes he’ll tell a 5-minute story with his quiet and mysterious story-telling voice. It can be quite entertaining.
Here he is telling us a story about a cabin. I hope you don’t get too scared—watch if you dare.
So Cam likes to win. Here he is playing his new Crossfire game with Grandpa Abe.
Me: Cam, your pants are on inside-out and backwards.
Cam: Oh. [Considers it] No biggie!
“You can sit here mom. Theres a lot of room for your big caboose!”
Cam: My school is awesomer than Morgan’s.
Me: Why do you say that?
Cam: Because mine is a tree school (his is called Taproot and their logo is a big tree) and hers is a preschool.
Cam: But they are both preschools.
A bunch of kids were watching the koi in a pond at a restaurant. The fish were coming up to the wall and putting their mouths against it. One boy was laughing and said: “They’re eating the wall!” And Cam said very seriously, “No, they’re eating algae.”
Me: Wait please.
Camden: I can’t wait anymore mom because I’m all out of time.
And finally, here is Cam telling me all about angles (and tongs):
For weeks now Demi has been getting on all fours and rocking forward and backward and stretching out to reach things. We knew crawling was near.
Then on Sunday, I had my phone out and I took at least a dozen videos as I was watching for her to start dragging her knees forward into a real crawl. I began to give up for the day and I left the house for an errand. Not 15 minutes later I got a text from Joe: “She’s crawling.” Seriously lady!?
Since then, she has crawled a few feet many times over. She is officially mobile! And dang she’s cute.
Look at her grow!
There have been so many changes over the past month. She’s getting more coordinated, more vocal, more mobile. No crawling yet, but she reaches and sits, reaches and sits and is suddenly on the other side of the room. It’s officially time to tuck away all the small objects from Cam’s toys because she’s curious and explores most things with her mouth.
- Eating eggs, rice crackers, more veggies and fruits. When she sees us pull out a cracker or a puree pouch she immediately starts squealing. When she sees you eat something she moves her mouth in a chewing motion and sometimes starts clicking. Basically, we need to make eating a social occasion where we all eat at the same time or she’ll feel left out.
- Blows bubbles with her mouth
- Can wheel around the house in her walker and loves the independence of it
- In addition to her first word “hi”, she now says dada, mama, uh-oh, and a rough “what’s that?”
- As with all kids, she’s interested in things she shouldn’t be playing with. She pulls up the edge of the rug, tugs on the blinds, rubs her hands all over the trashcan, gets dangerously close to the fireplace any chance she gets. Crawling should be an interesting stage.
- She shrieks like I’ve never heard before. If she’s done eating and doesn’t want to be strapped into her high chair, she lets all the neighbors know.
- She went to the snow for the first time–our family trip to Lake Tahoe with the Stadlers!
- She went on her first real road trip. 8.5 hours of driving EACH DIRECTION! She did as good as you can hope for on the way up. We got to stop and sleep at great grandma “Melon’s”. The way home was a little tough, but we all survived.
- She had her first Halloween as baby bear from Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Both times we dressed her up, she was ready for bed and could not muster a smile.
- She claps
- She got her first dolls from great aunt Jill (Demi is the one in the back)
If you want evidence of how different 2 kids can be, check out this photo of Morgan wearing this adorable cowl-neck shirt and Demi wearing the same exact one. HA! Morgan is practically a teenager and it fits loosely, while Dems is only 8 months and, well… she fills it up.
And to finish up, here’s a video of Demi accidentally making a pop sound with her finger and her mouth.
I have so many things to add to the blog with Halloween and Cam’s new tree house among other things but for now, this is what I’ve got… bath buddies splashing around in the tub.
I was gone all weekend so this cuteness is exactly what I needed when I got home.